- About Funerals
Arranging a Funeral
What to expect when you meet your funeral director
Your Drysdale funeral director’s role is to support you and be there for you during the entire process. Our experience tells us that it’s important for families to take their time, think through decisions carefully, allow themselves enough time to plan how to personalise the ceremony and allow some of the initial shock and emotions to settle.
We have many years of experience helping families and individuals arrange a funeral for their loved ones in a way that reflects their unique life and offers comfort and support to those grieving.
Allowing for 1-2 hours to meet and talk with your funeral director to begin planning ensures you are able to cover all the details that will make the funeral special.
You do not need to make every decision in that first meeting, though there are some details that need to be agreed;
- The day, time and place for the ceremony. This helps family and friends to be able to plan their time if they need to travel or take time off work.
- What you would like for the ceremony itself - who will lead the ceremony, and options like music, flowers, newspaper/internet notices, catering, videos and anything else you would like to do to personalise the funeral.
- All documentation requiring completion, including the death registration.
- The costs and payment options will be explained by your funeral director and you will be provided with a fully itemised estimate of the fees.
Your funeral director liaises with all service suppliers for you – you do not need to make contact yourself. This includes contacting the crematorium or cemetery and booking their facilities.
Your funeral director pays all the suppliers on your behalf – so you will only receive one account. They will provide you with a copy of the funeral arrangements so you both know what was agreed.
What to bring with you when you meet your funeral director
1. Supportive family or friend.
2. Information for Death Certificate.
3. Clothes for the deceased to be dressed in, including perfume, make up or after shave if you wish.
4. A current photo is also helpful to assist with their presentation.
5. Credit card / Eftpos card / Cheque book.
6. Prepaid funeral plan documents, if any.
7. Burial site reservation, if any.
8. A list of any questions you may have. You can also visit our FAQ section.
Call us on (07) 5449 9383 for assistance or e-mail us by clicking the button below: